Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oscar Pakier has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Oscar Pakier has the following 13 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Oscar Pakier has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Oscar Pakier is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Spoke to him on the phone, described my symptons, said I didnt want to spend the money unless he COULD help me, made apt, had proof of the medicine I have been taking for 15 years, refused to prescribe it, during our sessions he would ask me a question write down my answer, asked me the exact same question 5 mins later, the best part, he told me first session was $500, each session thereafter was $90 but then for the second session he told me it was $190.00 I was shocked because $90 is the going rate for this type of doctor in this area but I paid him as he held my prescription hostage. And when I did pay him cash, he put it right in his wallet! No thank you.
He looks down and doesn't look at you. In other words doesn't care. Asks you the same questions over and over again like a robot. He scribbles on his notes and looks at his watch. Prescribes medication in a dangerous way that can land you in a mental hospital. The only good thing he returns calls that's it. He doesn't give you hope and doesn't believe you will ever get better nor is he willing to lower the medication if you ask. Stay away from him.
45 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Oscar Pakier accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlternative Recovery Systems, 18226 Ventura Blvd Ste 210, Tarzana, CA
Dr. Oscar Pakier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.