Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oshana V Alahakoon has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
It's easy to make an appointment, however you will spend a hour in the room waiting for the doctor only to have him spend 5 minutes in the room. He will be out the door as you are still talking. Then he will tell you one thing on one visit and say something else or say he didn't say it on the next. Trying to get refills is hard the pharmacy will fax multiple times and you have to call multiple times just to get a refill. Then you have to make an appointment sit forever just to be told test results you could get on the phone. The staff says they will do xyz but hang up the phone and do nothing or soon as you walk out do nothing supposed to. If I could select a negative rating I would! Oh and don't ask for a referral anywhere because you wont get it.
20 Years Experience
University Of Colombo
Graduated in 1998
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Oshana V Alahakoon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Internal Medicine, 6275 E Broad St, Columbus, OH
Dr. Oshana V Alahakoon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.