The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Othella T Owens
Dr. Othella T Owens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery within the Head and Neck and Plastic Surgery. Dr. Owens is affiliated with Los Angeles Community Hospital, Monterey Park Hospital and South Coast Global Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Othella T Owens has the following 3 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Plastic Surgery within the Head and Neck
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.<br>Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
Dr. Othella T Owens has the following 1 expertise
- Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Othella T Owens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Self-verified patient of Dr. Othella T Owens - Posted on September 21st, 2015
Went in for deviated septum assessment. On the first visit, and with a quick visual examination, the doctor was ready to schedule me for surgery (w/o ordering x-rays, or CT scan). Her office made me pay for my visit up front, claiming my insurance company (Health Net) took too long to pay, and they would reimburse me once they got paid. I found out from Health Net that this "patient pays up front" practice was not allowed under their network contract with the doctor. It took me 4 months to get my money back. Her staff was very uncooperative with Health Net. In the meantime, I went to another doctor who ordered a CT scan, and thoroughly examined me before making any surgery assessments.
Bring Scope or listerin
Self-verified patient of Dr. Othella T Owens - Posted on May 4th, 2012
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Othella T Owens - Posted on February 26th, 2012
I don't usually go to see a doctor unless there is something really out of the ordinary. I went in because I had very sore throat at the base of throat near my collar bone and did not have any signs of infection: fever, swollen lymph notes. It was very painful and difficult for me to swallow and there was also a very visible lump. I was concerned because there was no sign of sickness and thought that perhaps it could be a thyroid issue. When I saw the doctor, she was very curt and dismissive of any concerns that I had. When I told her about the visible lump when I leaned my head back she told me that's not how a throat check is done. She said a neck check is only done when your head is in normal position so she didn't even take a look at it. After a 2 minute exam, she rushed me out to make an appointment for an ultrasound. That was the worst initial meeting with a doctor that I have ever had!!And I have NEVER had to sign a form with any doctor where I give up my constitutional right for litigation and agree to go into arbitration in case of malpractice. Makes me think that there have been enough cases of malpractice where this form is needed. RED FLAG!
DO NOT GO TO Dr. Othella Owens!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Othella T Owens - Posted on November 17th, 2011
This office pays people to write reviews for them! I made the mistake of believing the 23, five star reviews. I went to Dr. Owens for a sore throat that I had had for over a month. She looked at my throat for a mere second and said it was tonsillitis and informed me that I need to schedule to get my tonsils removed. Thankfully, I got a second opinion. Turns out it was NOT tonsillitis and simple acid reflux. If I had not gone in for a second opinion I would have gotten completely unnecessary surgery. Save your time and money and do not go to Dr. Owens. Her staff was rude and her office was not welcoming.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Othella T Owens - Posted on October 12th, 2011
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Owens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Othella T Owens Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Othella T Owens, MD - Plastic Surgery within the Head and Neck in Los Angeles, CA, in this video.
Dr. Othella T Owens is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.