Dr. Otis A Barron Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Otis A Barron Jr?

Not So Great as in the Past

I used to love Dr. Barron. I went through five hand doctors, didn't like any of them until I found him. He operated on a cyst and did a brilliant job. I would have stayed with him forever. Lately his staff told me he was soon going to be dropping Medicare which I think stinks. I don't care what his excuse is. We work our whole lives and deserve the best quality care, but some doctors get arrogant and think they are beyond or too good for Medicare -- which may or may not be the case here; I really don't know what's behind it. In any event, I had THREE appointments with Dr. Barron which his staff called me about two days before my appointments to cancel. Yes, they cancelled all THREE appointments asking me to reschedule as if I have nothing in the world to do except to schedule my life around my doctors' appointments. I don't appreciate that. I understand doctor emergencies, but three times in a row? I had to find another doctor and I would imagine all who are on Medicare will have to do the same sooner or later so it might as well be sooner. He was wonderful until I sensed an arrogance that often comes with big success. Some remain humble and remember what their vows are all about. And some simply don't. I don't know what the case is here, only that I don't like it.

Great doctor had surgery on my hand after seven years of pain and I am finally pain free

THE GOOD DOCTOR

Dr. O. Alton Barron is a very special man. Not only is he a brilliant and gifted surgeon, he is the kindest and most talented of doctors. His patience, his gentleness, his humor and his intellect shine for every patient that enters his office. He gives his all to everything he does and his heart is as big as his native Texas.

Amazing caring doctor. He called me back anytime I left a message with staff regarding questions. My shoulder mri indicated less damage than he found, so procedure much more involved than i was prepared for. He and his partner responded immediately with pain management issues and with the amazing anesthesiologist Dr. Sanborn at Roosevelt. Office staff always passed on messages, appt times hard as he has surgical days as well. My rotator cuff was not a sports injury, but he treated me with care and lack of surgical "attitude". If i know anyone needing upper extremity work, I would recommend this practice. I have not finished recovering, but I expect I will receive the same treatment. If not I will let you know!

Deplorable!

Went to see him about the pain in my hands. He wrote me a prescription to get an MRI, which I did. The MRI results were submitted to him. I called his office four times over the course of a month, but never heard from him???? In all my years I have never seen any doctor act in this fashion. Deplorable!!

Long, long wait

Barron could be a great doctor but I wouldn't know because after arriving 10 minutes before my appointment, the staff sat me in an exam room and I sat there waiting 20 minutes beyond my appointment time. What's the point of an appointment if the time is going to be kept. And on my way out, the receptionist explained he had just finished up with another patient, so that's another strike. If you have an appointment with one patient at 1 PM, don't bring me in at 1 PM and leave me sitting there. Total waste of time but what should I expect of a sports doctor.

I am giving Dr. Barron 1 star for the sole reason that his administrative staff is by far the worst support staff in the medical world that I have ever encountered. Their apathy towards all patients is insulting. They never return your call when they say they will - particularly if it is regarding surgery scheduling. They make ZERO effort to be helpful in scheduling appointments and their sole goal is to get off the phone with you as soon as possible. It is truly painful to speak to these people. As a Doctor, Dr. Barron is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He performed a successful surgery and I would recommend him to anyone in need of orthopedic help.

Excellent Surgeon

Very skilled, excellent shoulder/hand surgeon with very nice bedside manner

shoulder surgery

Dr Barron operated to repair my shoulder after 3 orthopedic surgeons wanted to do shoulder replacement. My shoulder functions perfectly now and i was back to normal in less than 6 months

A Great Doctor

Dr. O. Alton Barron is one of the most skilled surgeons and empathetic doctors I have ever met. He is extremely intelligent, extraordinarily caring and a deft and clever surgeon. He has performed over a dozen surgeries on me over the years, and there have been no problems or complications. I cannot recommend him highly enough