Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Otis M Jones Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Otis M Jones Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Otis M Jones Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
There is a dearth of good hospitals in Brooklyn and Dr. Jones's private practice is NO exception. When you go for an appointment you have to practically clear your whole schedule as you spend the entire day waiting to be seen by Dr. Jones. Even after being seen, follow up care is extremely poor. We needed a referral for my grandfather who is in dire need of a home health aid and when I called to inquire about the form which was missing an integral piece of information I was told "tomorrow" for nearly a week. When I finally spoke with Dr. Jones he could give me no definitive answer as to when the form could be completed. When I stated that form only takes 3-4 minutes to complete and that not having the form has been at the expense of other family members missing work days and nearly 300 of missed pay time, he said "THEN YOU DO IT". Clearly if I were a doctor I would've completed the form myself. I am completely outraged that a doctor would say this when he knows that patients are at the mercy of their physicians regarding necessary paperwork. It is no less than an abuse of power to respond so insolently. I take great umbrage to his behavior and find him to be tactless and disrespectful. If there is no other solution a doctor could offer than to tell me to complete the form myself, he is one that doesn't have the social emotional intelligence to practice effective patient-doctor interactions. It's unnerving to know that not even private practices can be run efficiently.
Dr. Jones is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Otis M Jones Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMercury Medical, 836 New York Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Otis M Jones Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.