Dr. Otto Schueckler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Otto Schueckler?

Judy from San Luis Obispo

Posted on November 29th, 2017

Dr. Schueckler did both of my complete knee replacements. The right in August 2016 and the left in August 2017. From the very beginning consultation to my final assessment appointments, he was very friendly and professional as was his nurse, Bonnie. He not only did a great job operating, he prepared me well for the operation by telling me I'm not going to have knees of a 20 year old, it will be painful and he will help with pain medication but I will have to work hard in rehab to get the strength and flexibility in my knee. I would highly recommend him for knee replacement operations!

Dr. Schueckler is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. Dr. Shueckler was my doctor for 7 month for a broken ankle, he performed 3 surgeries that now has me walking and I returned to my daily activities. As a single mother who needs to care for her children and work I'll be forever thankful. Thank you for your professionalism and exceptional care while in your care. R. Castillo Nipomo California

Posted on May 31st, 2017

BEWARE....

Posted on January 25th, 2016

Dr. Schueckler's surgery was a DISASTER. He really does not care about his patients and I ended up with a ruined knee following a simple meniscus repair. The worst part was that I was injured in the surgery and post surgery had a broken tooth and a severe injury to my cervical spine requiring the resulting herniated disc/pinched nerve to be operated on in a University hospital out of the SLO area.I would NEVER recommend him to anyone! If I could give him and his office a score of ZERO, I would.

Staff is horrible, Dr. is decent.

Posted on January 13th, 2014

The staff is absolutely rude (esp. his asst. Angela) and could care less about their patients. They have made so many mistakes on paperwork and refuse to do things in a timely manner, it almost seems they do it out of spite. The doctor himself is decent, seems to answers most questions thoughtfully, but his staff makes him look bad at times, I would not recommend him to anybody, it is not worth having to live with the mistakes and rudeness of their staff.

BEWARE!!!

Posted on August 25th, 2012

I went to see Dr. O. Schueckler for my broken Fibula, (whom seemed nice enough in general). Whowever!, his Medical Assistant, Angelia is another story in which I will be persuing this matter legally. I was seen in the ER on a Sunday and followed up with Dr. Schueckler on Thursday. I was still in the splint and crunches that the ER put on me. I showed up early to the Dr. appt. and they refused to see me until my apt. time and had to wait through their lunch hour, keeping in mind they had no patients waiting before the began their lunch schedule.Dr. Schueckler confirmed my broken ankle and took another X-ray to look for more damage, (none found), and he then recommended a walking air cast for treatment with bearing weight as tolerated and said " I'll get this going for you" and left the room. 15 mins. Later Angelia came into the room and handed me a piece of paper with the name of a medical supply company on it and the walking cast and no explaintion. I asked "what's this"? and Angelia explained that she has to sumit this for authorization. I replied "you mean I have to wait and then come back to have this cast put on"? and Angelia replied "yes, they won't pay for it unless it is authorized". I said, " can't you call? I don't want to come back just to have this put on".Long story short Angliia refused to call for authorization of this recommended cast while I was waiting and sent me home in the same ER splint that I showed up in.I later talked with a very nice lady that works for the group that authorizes all treatment and she told me that "this should have never happened, and that the Dr.'s office should have called for authorization in this case, and the Dr. 's office knows that they can call any time for authorization in cases such as this where th Dr. Recommends such treatment, the patient is in the office right now and waiting".

Posted on March 5th, 2012

When he asked questions, he was genuinely interested in the answers; he always stuck around to make sure he answered all of my questions; in this day of depersonalized medical care, I found his patience and interest refreshing.

Posted on November 22nd, 2011

Dr. Schueckler was highly rated by ER staff at Sierra View. He has been compassionate and always has time to answer my questions.

Posted on April 1st, 2011

Dr. Schueckler came highly recommended by the emergency room staff at French Hospital for our sons broken ankle. He diagnosed, treated and followed up all appts. in a positive and professional way with great bedside manner.

Be careful choosing a doctor

Posted on July 2nd, 2010

After the operation he did not visit with me in the recovery room. It took him 10 days to put me on crutches after the operation when I should have been on crutches immediately after. Did not have an explanation for no physical therapy until 12 days later. I still have pain in the knee and will go for a second opinion suggested by him. I'll pick the doctor. It seems he's in a hurry to get me out of the office during each follow up. It's now over 3 months later and I'm in more pain than before the operation.

Tamara Vaughan

Posted on December 15th, 2008

I have been very happy with th care I have received from Dr. Schueckler.

Posted on September 27th, 2017