Dr. Owen Pickus Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Owen Pickus?

RUDE, INCONSIDERATE...........AND A BIT PARANOID??

Posted on November 15th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Pickus to get a referral for a Sleep Study - as I have chronic insomnia. I also hoped he would be my new PC. After a very bried exam by Dr. Pickus, he gave me 3 prescriptions and said his secretary would schedule the Sleep Study as well as my annual exam. He explained that all women's exams were conducted by a nurse/physicians assistants. While I was waiting for my prescriptions I noticed that Dr. Pickus had left his computer screen open and my file was on it. I read part of it and thought there was an error on it. I asked a nurse to check with Dr. Pickus to see if there was an error. Dr. Pickus came back out, appearing very agitated and insisted on showing me that what I "thought" I had seen was not there - or was no longer there. I assured him that his just telling me the error was fine; that he didn't need to show me. He said "Oh, yes, I do!" Again, I tried to reassure him and even patted his arm, saying it was not a big deal. He just looked annoyed. When I went to schedule my annual exam, I asked why I couldn't see Dr. Pickus for the exam since all my "female parts" were checked annually by my OB/GYN. I said "wouldn't it be discriminatory to not be examined by a doctor if I specifically requested that? I am a cancer survivor and I wanted Dr. Pickus, who is an oncologist to track my treatments. A few minutes later, a nurse appeared and asked to speak with me privately. She told me they did not think I was a good fit for Dr. Pickus - that I ASKED TOO MANY QUESTIONS! At my insistance, they still booked me for an appointment for my annual with a physician's assistant. Less than a week later, I got a letter saying that I was not a good fit and they sent back all my files. The letter also said that Dr. Pickus would not be scheduliing my sleep study. Then I got a phone call from a sleep lab in Falmouth saying that they had received a referral from Dr. Pickus. I explained that I had requested that my sleep study be done at MMC. I have already filled the prescriptions given to me by Dr. Pickus. I am still waiting to see if they will correct the sleep study referral before I report this matter to the Medical Board. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

Excellent Doctor maybe too many patients

Posted on May 6th, 2009

I'm sure the reason for so many patients is that he is a good doctor.Dr. Pickus has so many patients because of his quality and thorough evaluations and care. Could spend more time with patients though.Very satisfied and have been a patient for many years.

Posted on May 15th, 2017