Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Owobamishola A Shonowo has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Owobamishola A Shonowo has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
Dr. Owobamishola A Shonowo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
If you're looking for help and support from your doctor especially during the most vulnerable times of pregnancy, you won't get it here. I came here because of all of the fantastic reviews and not only was I underwhelmed but it made the pregnancy so difficult not having a supportive Doctor. i don't think there was a moment in all my visits that she gave me a well thought response to any of my questions or showed any concern in how I was feeling. Not good with emergencies either as she does not answer her phone.
Every single visit I found a file was missed, test not followed up on or critical information was shared weeks too late. Any pregnancy discomforts were brushed off without a solution. Had to constantly follow up to ask what to expect throughout my pregnancy in terms of appointments, tests and ultrasounds. Nothing was ever transparent. Post delivery no follow ups and in fact when I did go in and was just about ready to pass out, all I got was a call from the nurse saying tests were 'normal' and I should go to primary care. I could very well fall flat at their doorsteps and they would shrug their shoulders. Also no one ever answers the phone, all you get is answering service. Yes she's nice and cool but that doesn't cut it for someone who you rely on to care for you and your health.
Was a very nice, kind doctor in 2012, but has chafed since then. Do not call back with lab results, even after leaving messages. Spending time with patient, or listening and answering question was an inconvenience for her, which was expressed in facial expression. Also, was exchanging glances with office stuff made me feel uncomfortable. Like I said, was very nice in the beginning. Now, it was a different experience for me. Will never go back there ever.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Owobamishola A Shonowo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Owobamishola A Shonowo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fords, NJ.