Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Padma Bala has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Padma Bala has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Bala is wonderful! After moving to Dallas, years ago, I was desperately looking for a good Doctor for my 3 small children. I had been through at least 4, at that point. I was very unimpressed with not only the way most doctors rushed us in and out, but also the way they spoke to us. When Dr. Bala walked into the room, she scooped up my newborn in her arms and hugged on her while she spoke to me and asked all kinds of questions about our family. I really got a sense that she cared about people. We have been going there for 8 years and my children love her. Once when my middle child was having some problems and she was leaving the country for a vacation the following day, she not only offered me her cell phone number, but she also stayed on the phone making arrangements for us until her plane left the ground.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
46 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1972
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Padma Bala accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Clinic, 504 S Sierra Madre Blvd, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Padma Bala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.