Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Padmapriya Sivaraman has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 16
I was sent to this practice by an orthopedic surgeon who recognized the primary role of inflammation in the trouble I was having with my knee. I was assigned to Dr. Sivaraman who turned out to be a careful and patient listener and a thorough examiner and diagnostician. She was methodical in ruling out conditions, and accurate--not only in her ultimate diagnosis but in subsequent assessments of the particulars of my condition--while consistently prescribing the right tests, medications and dosages in the course of treatment. Moreover, I have found her to be among the kindest and most empathetic physicians I have had the good fortune to encounter. Needless to say, I am I glad I went to her and I would be delighted to direct family members, friends or, for that matter, anyone else her way.
Initially very nice. However, with my first appointment she was in a hurry, did a "pretend" exam, prescribed medicine, shook my hand and left the room. I felt abandoned. She even had a nurse call to tell me I was positive for RA. It should've been the doctor. The nurse could not answer all my questions. When the doctor did call me, she couldn't answer all my questions because she had patients waiting. She told me I could come to her office to speak. In my opinion, that was unprofessional. I really felt pushed aside and unimportant. I have to find another rheumatologist. Im sad about it.
University Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Padmapriya Sivaraman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Padmapriya Sivaraman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.