Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Padmashree Velury has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Padmashree Velury has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Padmashree Velury has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Loved my previous Dr who retired and this Dr took over practice. 6 visits in 1 year, labs, prescriptions provided. Few weeks back called and received an antibiotic for bronchitis by phone. Nurses do bp, weight,temp and pulse ox. But Oddly, not once has this Dr personally ever used her stethoscope on my lungs or heart or checked any part of me. She sits down and reads results and end of appt!
The doctor makes you feel as if she does not want to look at you or touch you. She spends more time with her nurse dictating information to enter in the computer rather than acting as if she cares to find out how you are really doing. Last three visits were wait times of 45 min, 1 hour 15 min and 1 hour!!!!!!! Office manager is very unpleasant. Never returns calls. To get a prescription for a refill the pharmacy called and faxed 3 times and I had to call 3 times over a week and a half before they finally submitted it. Very displeased. She is seeking new patients as of this message but she does not have the ability to care for those she now has.
I am 69 years old and have been associated with countless doctors in my life. Dr Velury is (for seven years) family doctor for my wife and me, along with one daughter and three grandchildren. Dr Velury is like a loving member of our family. Her concern is heartfelt and genuine; her treatment is well-thought-out and personalized; and, most importantly, she treats my family and me as her friends. The staff in Dr. Velury's office is warm and friendly and at the same time, professional and thorough. As is the case with most folks our age, my wife and I have changing circumstances of health. Dr Velury works tirelessly to adjust and tailor our treatment plans to our needs. I give Dr Velury four stars only because this rating scheme doesn't allow me to give her five stars.
26 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Padmashree Velury accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Padmashree Velury is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawton, OK.