Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Padmavathy Kurra
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sparta, NJ. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Kurra is affiliated with St Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Ramapo Ridge Psychiatric Hospital and Barnert Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
She is very cold and wants to get over with the visits right away. NOT understanding and doesn't care about the patients feelings. She only cares about making money and ending the session. Very nasty!! Stay away! You feel like a burden. The staff is unprofessional. They are cold as well. Stay away from one of the therapist there. She is white with red curly hair. She will cancel your first visit with you if she doesn't like you. Very nasty and unprofessional. People with mental illness and problems shouldn't be treated this way ! shame on her. Karma exists. This practice will fail.
Dr. Kurra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Regional Medical Center
Ramapo Ridge Psychiatric Hospital
34 Years Experience
Guntur Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Kingsboro Psychology Center
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Select
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsSureshbabu Kurra MD LLC, 7 Hyde Park Pl, Sparta, NJ
Dr. Padmavathy Kurra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparta, NJ.