Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Page A Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Page A Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Page A Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I I am so fortunate to have found Dr Smith and have him as my doctor not only is he very knowledgeable but he has a wonderful bedside manner. I lost a loved one earlier in the year who also was a patient of Dr Smith and you could not have asked for a kinder Dr when that happened he was right there for me and my family when we needed anything. His main nurse Amber is very sweet and knowledgeable as well the staff in the office, they are always very courteous and easily accessible. The office is clean and does not smell like a locker room and Dr Smith has never said that he would not see two people at one time I know this from previous experience. I used to take my grandfather to him who had memory problem. I would go with him in the room and Dr. Snith ever said one word. We are very lucky to have Dr Smith in the community as a person and as a physician he has many credentials one of them being he served as the medical director for the entire state of Florida correctional system for many years.Awesome guy and Awesome Dr.Can't say that enough!!!
I find dr smith to be a very caring and knowledgeable physician. You may have to wait a little longer to be seen but that's because he takes the time to really talk to his patients. He seems genuinely concerned for your well being. I am happy to have found a doctor of his caliber!
Our first visit (we just moved here) office was running an hour late (we didn't get a courtesy call but was called the day before to remind us of our appointment). When asked if we had our records we responded we had them on a CD and was told they could not read a CD. The office smelled like a locker room. When called they would not let us (my husband and I) go in together (remember, this was our first visit). Was told the Dr. didn't like interruptions from spouses regardless if one remembered important information the other may not remember. We asked for co pay to be returned and walked out.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Truman Medical Center
Dr. Page A Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakeview Internal Medicine Pa, 10250 SE 167th Place Rd Unit 5, Summerfield, FL
Dr. Page A Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Summerfield, FL.