Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Palep N Rao MD
Dr. Palep N Rao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Panama City, FL. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rao is affiliated with Bay Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Palep N Rao has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Palep N Rao has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 12
Couldnt be more pleased
Self-verified patient of Dr. Palep N Rao - Posted on July 17th, 2018
I have been a patient of Dr Roa since I was about 22. I was recommended by my gynecologist when I come down with symptoms that needed to be further looked at thank God he put me with dr. Rao he is top of his game I have always had a great experience with him and his team I have had several very large agtrssive cancerous polyps & he & his team have always treated me with kid gloves As much as > dread getting them done it truly is not all that bad I encourage everyone to get one I'm a ferm believer that Dr Rao & his team have saved my life I have another appointment in the morning & because of them I'm not scared or worried THANK YOU DR ROA AND TEAM
Unreasonable wait time for colonoscopy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Palep N Rao - Posted on July 7th, 2017
I was scheduled for a colonoscopy for 9:00 am and had to be there at 8:00. I was prepped and put on a gurney where I waited until after 12:00 for Dr. Rao to come in. I have back problems and was most uncomfortable on the gurney. The nurses kept telling me he would be in "soon" and would not allow me to get off the gurney. Just a few days after the colonoscopy I got very sick and was hospitalized. Finally diagnosed with infection in my liver, probably caused by a nick to my colon and infection went to liver. After that, I asked to see another doctor in the practice for my next colonoscopy. I was told I could not see another doctor since I was Dr. Rao's patient. Even after my primary physician asked that I be allowed to see someone else I was denied. So, I went to see another gastroenterologist . I will not go back to that practice again. Also had long waits for appointments.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Palep N Rao - Posted on May 11th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Palep N Rao - Posted on January 20th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Palep N Rao - Posted on December 24th, 2015
Could not have been treated better! Warm blankets were awesome! Nurse Julia was the BEST!! She was very attentive and took excellent care of me.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Osmania Medical College
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Palep N Rao Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIGESTIVE DISEASES CENTER, 204 E 19th St, Panama City, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Palep N Rao, MD - Gastroenterology in Panama City, FL, in this video.
Dr. Palep N Rao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Panama City, FL.