Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pamela B Arenella MD
Dr. Pamela B Arenella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM, with another office in Albuquerque, NM. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Pamela B Arenella has 2 locations
2600 Marble Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Dr. Pamela B Arenella has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Pamela B Arenella has the following 11 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Pamela B Arenella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Best Phych ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Pamela B Arenella - Posted on July 8th, 2015
Dr. Arenella was the first and only Phych that my husband would stick with . If you or a family member are bi-polar or PTSD, she is the best. She was able to effectively diagnose my husband, give him the exact best medication for him and give us our life back! seriously. She really listens to the issues and is excellent at drug therapy and makes their life worth living again.
19 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Pamela B Arenella Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Pamela B Arenella's office for more information.
2400 Tucker Ne Albuquerque, NM : (505) 272-5428
2600 Marble Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87106
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pamela B Arenella is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.