Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pamela Atkins MD
Dr. Pamela Atkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Preventive Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Atkins is affiliated with Edinburg Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Pamela Atkins has the following 2 specialties
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 1 of 1
i have complete trust in my new doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Pamela Atkins - Posted on July 29th, 2009
i was so very pleased to have found a doctor who was not only caring , but willing to listen to my concerns and treat all of mei have never been treated with such attention and caresince my last visit she has called to check on me and keep me well informed about my overall care once again a great big thank you for a great doctor and wonderful person
Dr. Atkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Pamela Atkins Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Pamela Atkins's office for more information.
2002 Binz St Houston, TX : (713) 529-4808
Locations & Directions2002 Binz St, Houston, TX
Dr. Pamela Atkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.