Dr. Pamela Black Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Pamela Black?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Not for chronic illness

Posted on June 25th, 2017

This doctor may be good for someone with an injury or short term rehab but if you have chronic pain do not go here. You can only list two places where you hurt and one which you here about today. She never performed a physical exam, never touched me, never listened to anything about my pain. All she saw in me was someone who had been overprescribed and just cut my meds every visit. She would yell at me and go ballistic over results of my urine tests and then check her notes from last visit and see that she prescribed the things I tested positive for. Office staff is horrible. I only met one person on the staff who acted like he cared at all about me as a person.

Do Not rely on this dr

Posted on November 1st, 2016

I went to Dr black for 7 Years,went in for regular monthly apt, found that she had fired the PA I saw all that time (oh, I saw her for procedoues....painful ones) and that she wanted me to do a "rapid detox." This was on a Friday, I was to come back on Monday. She gave me a script for ONE Finergin (for nausea) ONE valium, and one muscle relaxer. I had been on 200 MG ex relief, had break through med for dialaud, and hydrocodine. Of course I had a grand mal seizure, ambulance, ER visit etc. When I went in on Monday she gave me a script for subordinate (supposed to help with detox) and told me she no longer wanted me as a patient. DO NOT GO TO HERE if you are dealing with chronic pain believe me you have enough problems! Oh, and NO ONE EVER returns phone calls even when I was a patient seeing her monthly,even if the question had to do with meds.

Posted on September 23rd, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Black for years now. She has had many good P.A.'s working for her and once you get a good relationship with them where they understand your concerns and areas of pain, they just disappear. You come back and a new P.A. is now seeing you. You ask where so and so is. They say they are no longer working here. This has happened three times already to me. Then you have to start all over trying to explain your issues and gaining their trust again. You will never see Dr. Black as she is never around. Good luck. Easier to get another doctor. I'm currently looking for another pain doctor.

Great Doctor

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Outstanding doctor. I really appreciate her as she has helped me in the past overcome some serious pain in my neck and back. She is just a pleasant person to be around and she cares for her patients

Irresponsible doctor

Posted on September 19th, 2014

Pamela is not very personable or professional. She gets her patients hooked on pills and gives them too much,then takes them away,gives them something else gets them hooked again. then they go through withdrawls,they get sick. She plays with their emotions,puts their health in constant Jeopardy . She needs to go back to medical school. she is rude and unethical.,impatient and i have no respect for her at all

If we accept u

Posted on August 4th, 2014

Most memorable; called for appointment and was told to wait for huge application to arrive in mail, complete and return app then wait at least three weeks to see "IF" I would be accepted as a patient! Went next door and got pain injection within one week.

Patient in Extreme PAIN,made worse by all kinds of additional STRESS!!!

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

Been going to her for over 3 years,she's more concerned about her New Expansion than about her existing patients. Too busy with new patients,she never remembers anything but always says things that's offensive. I don't understand why she does that,it's as if she gets great pleasure by adding DIGS @ Me & other Patients. Never get to Ask her about My other PAIN ISSUES,it's Always Next time but it Never Happens. Do as she says or "No Meds" or "don't want to be CRUEL"(Odd Choice of Word),"Sounds Doped Up" or "it's because He's Doped up" when I am Not @ all i have told her so many times why i sound like that. Misdiagnosed a condition that i knew was correct & it's still messed up but never asked me about it,won't discuss pros & cons of Surgery but" no sense in wasting surgeons time because he said NO" what about my time. If she explained it i may consider it,know that's the case for most people. Dr.Black has lots of turnovers,oh...NEVER Call her when she's on Call because she gets MAD that someone called her(Isn't that Why she's on CALL). I like the STAFF very Much even tho they don't seem stay too long,they seem more concerned than her. People that gave her a good review...just wait,you will see how CRUEL she really is. I am in SO MUCH PAIN rather DIE than LIVE like this,Cut my Meds back So MUCH fully knowing how MUCH PAIN I am IN. She Punishes people by Holding back HER MEDS,Guess She's MEDICATION GOD!!! I don't understand why she went into Pain Medicine because she has NO COMPATION or EMPATHY. I carry my a letter with all mt medications & Diagnosis just in case something happens to Me. The Sad thing is She will Deny it & think it's about something else that caused my demise. I have Never called to say i lost my Meds,someone stoled it or asked for More even tho the Pain is Unbearable,my Quality of Life has gone Down SO MUCH since i have been seeing her & All the things that gave me Great joy in my life is Gone!!!

patient in pain

Posted on August 18th, 2013

The only reason I stayed w/ Dr. Black's office was because her PA's knew what they were doing. Dr. Black is rude, sarcastic and actually enjoys inflicting pain. She did a nerve test on me and felt that it was necessary to hit that computer key 13 times when twice was sufficient. I have had other Drs. do nerve tests and they are uncomfortable, but she keeps going until she has tears. Worked with three other people that had the same complaint. She told me that she wanted me to have certain tests done but could not think of how to word the request, that went on for four months. When she caused me to lose my job by scheduling test results five months after the MRI that I had to schedule myself and was not told that they did not do it like every other Dr. in town does, I switched to another Pain Clinic. Those tests she couldn"t request were all done in my first visit to the new clinic. Amazing when people are competent.. This woman is rude, abusive and not as sharp as she would like people to believe. If someone refers you here, run don't walk as fast and as far from there as you can.

Posted on May 17th, 2013

The staff is so friendly and helpful. I am always greeted with a smile by the lady at the front desk. Have to say the medical technicians never return phone calls. My treatment has been very good otherwise.

Best Pain Clinic ever!

Posted on May 10th, 2013

Quadra Health is a great asset to Albuquerque. I am Dr. Black's patient since some years now and I can truly say she really knows what she is doing. Staff is not only professional but very friendly. One time I got a shot there that really hurt (not complaining because those shots are really helping me with pain management) and the little redhead at the front desk, seeing my tears, offered me some chocolate and some friendly hugs. The other gal, the big blond one, isn't very warm nor friendly but she is still professional. The medical assistants are trying to cheer you up and there is always smiles on their faces. I have to disagree with previous reviews that say staff isn't returning phone calls. Last month I've left 4-5 messages on their voice mail and the ladies from the front desk returned all my calls in a timely manner and were able to book me in for an appointment within days. Way to go Quadra keep up the good work!

I can resume my active lifestyle! Thanks to Quadra!

Posted on May 1st, 2013

Quadra is not the "pain clinic" injection/ pill-mill I thought it might be. For months now my PCP has been prescribing me mild pain medication without any real concern for the root of my pain. As soon as I started going to Quadra I noticed some great progress; my pain subsided and the doctor was able to diagnose my issue for treatment. The staff was great as long as I arrived on time and completed what was required me. They really held me accountable for my own health. These people really care!

Lack of care

Posted on November 26th, 2012

Dr black instructs patients to call ahead for prescriptions and then will not return calls for refills, she let me go through morpine withdrawal without any help, or return repeated phone calls ,. She is a very irresponsible professional I would not recommend her to my worst enemy oh wait that's her.