Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pamela D Cantu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 5
I have been a patient of Dr. Cantu for many years. When it is time to talk after exams she sits and listens. She shows a genuine interest in my health and explains the best way to assist me. She answers all of my questions and never seems in a hurry, but patiently listens and understand me and my busy lifestyle, making life change suggestion that are truly heartfelt. (walk more, help your health). She is the best yet!
Dr. Pam Cantu INSISTED I get regular check ups, paps, mamos etc. even though I said I would sign a release so that she was in the clear if anything happened. She finally denied giving me my migraine and heart medicine unless I had all the tests, etc. I call that BLACKMAIL. I am an individual, this is MY body, and I can do with it as I please.
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Pamela D Cantu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPedernales Medical Group, 205 W Windcrest St Ste 310, Fredericksburg, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pamela D Cantu in this video.
Dr. Pamela D Cantu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, TX.