Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pamela E Karasik has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pamela E Karasik has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Pamela E Karasik has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Karasik is wonderful! I have a very scary cardiac event possibly due to another medical condition. At the time of my appointment she was fully briefed on my complex medical history and had MANY options on how to proceed. She included me in each of the options & together we formed a plan. Highly recommend.
Outstanding cardiologist, she has worked with me for over a year and she is patient friendly and knowledgable. I am a Iraqi war veteran with a very complex cardiac situation and she has me quite stable. The team of her, Dr. Moore, and Dr. Brian Lewis has been exceptional to say the least. Myself along with my family are very grateful to her for helping get me through the tough times. THANKS DR.KARASIK
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1982
George Washington University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWashington Dc Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 50 Irving St NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Pamela E Karasik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.