Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pamela R Salley
Dr. Pamela R Salley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ, with another office in Hillsborough, NJ. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Salley is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. She speaks English.
Dr. Pamela R Salley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Pamela R Salley has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
Dr. Pamela R Salley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
MD wouldn't speak to me until after I was in gown. Although tech had taken my history and reason for visit, as well a copies of my medical record, doctor entered room without any knowledge of why I was there or what my concerns were. I'm an Advanced Practice Nurse (which she didn't know because she never asked anything about me nor did she leave room in the conversation for me to introject.) She recommended a test that did not make sense given history I was presenting and when I asked questions the only response I received was "This is what I'd recommend if you were my sister. It could be something bad." Although this is not my field, I have enough medical knowledge to know that tests already obtained did not point to the need for test she was recommending. I had also already consulted with my primary GYN, who is out of network. I knew I needed a procedure (and thus an in network MD), but I also knew there was no risk of malignancy, which this doctor was insinuating. She also never spoke to me when I was dressed, which is very poor practice. As a healthcare provider, I am saddened to know that people practice in this fashion.
I've been going to Dr. Salley for over 20 years. She's been there for all three of my pregnancies. She's always been friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Her bedside manner is 10 stars! The only downside is that it is hard to get an appointment, you must schedule a couple of months in advance but that is an indicator that she is very popular. I'd recommend her. No complaints at all.
Might have to find another doc after being continually frustrated with trying to get an appointment - have to book at least 2 months in advance. Very slow to return phone calls when you have a question or need to refill a prescription. Have to call everyday until you get a response. Took 4 days to have her finally phone in a refill. Found out at my recent appt she forgot to send in my Pap smear for testing for the last 2 years! Also seemed to have lost my previous year's mammogram results. This time I was charged an extra $10 for the lubricant used to take a Pap smear. Don't know what's going on but I've tried to give her a chance but it's been going downhill every year.
Dr. Salley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Pamela R Salley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pamela R Salley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.