Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Panayotis P Ledakis has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Clinical Research
Showing 5 of 14
My father had Lung Cancer. We had been patients at Sinai and used to the family being included, but our Dr. left. So looked elsewhere. Dr. Ledakis came up, great sales pitch and comes across a super nice and caring. Dad took a turn for the worse - he was suffocating and choking; Dr. Ledakis refused to include us in the decision making and kept turning to my very sick Dad. My Dad was in the hospital the last week and kept asking the Dr. to let him go home, but the Dr. Ledakis kept insisting on more tests. Finally, the Pulmonologist leveled with us. They do not know what is wrong and what to do. Dr. Ledakis still would not want to release Dad. So I put my foot down on Dad's behalf. He was released and died 2 days later with us at home. All he wanted was to go home to die, but the Dr. refused to understand. He also under prescribed the pain killer. Dad's second to last night was really bad. Tough to watch all this.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Panayotis P Ledakis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Panayotis P Ledakis in this video.
Dr. Panayotis P Ledakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.