Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pankaj K Karan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pankaj K Karan has the following 14 expertise
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Hepatitis C
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Pankaj K Karan has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Pankaj K Karan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
They burned me! I got a laser treatment on my upper lip from Dr. Karan's office and they literally burned me. An area on my upper lip is scabbed over and will likely leave a scar. Joey did my laser...do not use her!I went it to the office to show them and the Pankaj Karan, MD, the head doctor, wouldn't even give me anything for it...he told the receptionist to have me go to the drug store and buy some over the counter products. Really? This is what you want to hear from an establishment who has people that are working from them that are so inept that they don't know how to work the settings on the machine to the point in which it physically harms you!i also have had problem with the unprofessionalism when trying to make an appointment (that is, when they pick up the phone) and at the office. Take my advice, don't get burned like I did!
I should have reviewed a while back. I went to see Dr. Pankaj Karen after having horrible experiences with other Dr's/Offices. Dr. Pankaj took the time to explain my procedure, gave his recommendations, and did excellent work. I will definetly be returning to Valley Asthetics and Laser. His staff was friendly and knowledgeable,the office was spotless. In the end..it's about the quality of the work...HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
A rude, judgmental, abrasive, unprofessional, uncaring ego maniac. With a chip on his shoulder. And a god complex. This man has got some issues. He's a child in a mans body. Why anybody would allow this Doctor to put his hands on you, is beyond me. If you read the responses he has given to some of the comments here, you can see the level of professionalism. Please people do your self a favor and stay away from this man. You wonder why I feel this way. I can not discuss my situation at this time. I'm afraid he would know who it is. Too fresh on his mind. I do not enjoy saying this about anybody. I had to.
Dr. Karan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Rajendra Institute Of Medical Sciences Ranchi
Graduated in 1989
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAdventist Health Redbud Community Hospital, 15630 18th Ave, Clearlake, CA
Dr. Pankaj K Karan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearlake, CA.