Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Panna Shah has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Panna Shah has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- Spinal Cord Diseases
Dr. Panna Shah has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Panna Shah is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I had an appointment for an EMG. After waiting almost an hour to be seen, I was told that my hands and feet were too cold and I needed to go to the lobby and sit with my feet in a blanket with a heating pad for thirty minutes.. The office had a huge draft and it was 23 degrees outside. My hands and feet never got really warm. The patient after me waited and waited, was seen and then told that his hands and feet were cold. I asked the office staff if they ever just checked the patients and applied heat without being asked. They said no the doctor needs to see your first. So every patient had to wait an hour and then be told to go back to the lobby. How dumb is that. I asked the doctor if she was sure about my diagnosis. She said, "yes, positive, tell your family". So after worrying my family, she called me back a month and a half later and said "I think I'm wrong, come see me again." Needless to say, I did not go back. I went to another city, two hours away and yep, she was wrong.
Dr. Shah was dismissive of the health information I provided and in my opinion did not perform a complete exam. She was curt in her answers and not forthcoming with very much information. I have multiple problems and a lot of nerve pain, and she was the first neurologist I have found in this area. I was very disappointed and would not go back to see her again.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Verde Valley Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Medical College Baroda
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Panna Shah in this video.
Dr. Panna Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flagstaff, AZ.