Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pantea Sharifi
Dr. Pantea Sharifi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Sharifi is affiliated with Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center San Pedro and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. She speaks English.
Dr. Pantea Sharifi has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Pantea Sharifi has the following 4 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Behavioral Disorders
- Tic Disorders
Dr. Pantea Sharifi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
We love Dr. Sharifi. She is a huge help with medications and social issues and helping beyond while you are at her office. She is very much for the kids and helping them succeed. The UCLA phone system is the problem in getting to her. Once you get to her and are a patient and get to see her for the first time she is very responsive with us. We highly recommend her and she is the only reason we keep UCLA as our medical group.
Dr. Sharifi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Prov Little Co of Mary Med Center Torrance
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Prov Little Co of Mary Med Center San Pedro
17 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 2000
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Pantea Sharifi accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
Locations & DirectionsPEDIATRIC MINDS, 3524 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA
Dr. Pantea Sharifi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.