Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Parag Sheth has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Parag Sheth has the following 11 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Spinal Injections
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Parag Sheth has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Hurt my ankle and knee a while ago and still had pain. I live across the street from HSS, but the earliest appointment at HSS was 2-3 months away. So I called Mount Sinai Dept of Rehabilitation, and the appointment desk was able to set me up with Dr Sheth for Friday of the same week. I live next to Cornell and HSS, so I have never been to Mount Sinai. While not the same scale as Cornell, Mount Sinai was a welcoming environment. The front desk staff was efficient, and I was called in just after a few minutes. This being a teaching hospital, I first saw Dr. Abrams who was a 3yr resident. She spent quite an amount of time listening to my issues and taking notes, then she gave me her diagnosis and recommendation. I waited for a bit while she discussed with Dr. Sheth when he became available. Then both of them came in along with a medical student. Dr. Abrams and the student observed while Dr. Sheth went over the issues with me again. He was able to pin point the exact cause and explained to me in a way that I could understand. All the while, he was educating the other two students and demonstrating the right technique to assess the problem. Through his speech and mannerism, I could tell he is very knowledgeable in treating patients and cares about teaching the next generation. I needed an x-ray, and Radiology is just in the basement of the same building, which is very convenient. Overall, it was a very good visit. I would certainly recommend Dr. Sheth.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Parag Sheth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMount Sinai School of Medicine, 5 E 98th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Parag Sheth in this video.
Dr. Parag Sheth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.