Dr. Parks Pratt III Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Parks Pratt III?

Posted on June 28th, 2017

Never feel rushed as in many

Last time Patient

Posted on December 18th, 2014

The wait was not long and the staff was courteous. However, I absolutely do not recommend this doctor. He is an overconfident, disrespectful, audacious, nonprofessional excuse for a medical care provider !

Patient

Posted on November 10th, 2014

This doctor went on and on for over 30 minutes talking much to do about nothing. It was a total waste of my time! He talked more about himself and didn't seem to listen or care as to what was wrong with me. My leg is numb and he tried to tell me it could be caused from jeans or my belt. Really?? I have on a pair of jeans, or a belt, maybe once or twice a week. He didn't give me a good reason as to why my foot is numb either. He didn't want to run any tests on me. He had my insurance deny me an MRI because I was requesting one and he thought it wasn't necessary. His exact words were, " No need for an MRI unless you want surgery." I am in constant pain in my back and I have numbness in my extremities and I know that I need a test to see if anything is pressing on a nerve, or if I have a bulging disc or something else. I have a spur in my hip and he just plain out didn't care about anything but talking about nothing. He bored me with his intentions of impressing me. No worries though, I have an appointment to see another doctor.

Dr. Pratt: Not Recommended

Posted on April 9th, 2014

Dr. Pratt likes to hear himself talk. However, he is a poor clinician. He seems to lack the skills or perhaps the interest in providing evidence-based clinical documentation for his patients. If you want information, he will provide you with all kinds of medical background on various topics, but he won't do a clinical exam. In fact, he failed to provide clinical documentation for my case, and when I finally had to apply for Social Security Disability, the disability specialist told me that his clinical notes were worthless. I was blessed in being sent to another doctor in Dothan who had superb skills in evaluating functionality in arthritis patients. He is a knowledgeable guy in an academic sense but he is a lightweight as a physician. As another person commented, he can be inappropriate at times.

Posted on February 3rd, 2014

Dr Pratt seemed to be a knowledgeable physician. I have lupus and needed someone to watch my symptoms. All is pretty much under control and I just need check ups. I left Dr. Pratt several years ago . His wait times are terrible. The straw that broke the camels back for me was once during an appointment, he discussed how many women in his church had had boob jobs and his wife was a small breasted woman. Apparently she was considering one. I thought that was a very inappropriate subject to discuss during a visit. Especially one that I am PAYING for.

Posted on April 4th, 2013

I totally agree with this person who said he lectured for 30 minutes. He wouldnt let me get a word in. Totally disappointed I wasted my time! Would not ever go back again.

Missed diagnosis, in a hurry for lunch date

Posted on July 12th, 2012

I was referred to Dr Pratt by my family doctor. I had gout and I explained to Dr Pratt that the muscles in my feet were wasting away and I was in pain. Dr. Pratt said there was no way I could notice a wasting because it occurs very slowly and he knew of no disease that caused a person's feet to waste away. Dr Pratt took no xrays, no bllod samples, no scans and only looked at my legs/feet. Upon leaving I overheard a nurse telling him that another doctor was waiting on him for lunch. Not being satisified I reported what he said to my family doctor who scheduled me with a Rheumatologist in Montgomery. The MGM doctor noticed what I was talking about,and ran numerous blood tests reflex and other tests (with a spur device, tuning fork and hammer etc) and referred me to a neurologist in MGM. Today (2 .5 weeks later), the MGM neurologist did the nerve stuies and confirmed I had CMT (Charkot-Marie-Tooth) neuropathy that causes deformity, pain and wasting of muscles in the feet and ankles due to deteriorating condition of nerves!!!!! a disease/medical condition Dr Pratt knew nothing about, but my family doctor a D.O. did know about !!!!...Dr Pratt missed it by a mile, get a second opinion

Roxy

Posted on April 24th, 2012

He's a great doctor! Was gracious to accept my medicaid insurance when he didn't have to. I live in North Florida. Spent lots of time with me on my first apt and took xrays and bloodwork. Also, feeling my joints and listening to my concerns and answering all of my question. He seems to care about patients well being and seems very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Switchboard Receptionist

Posted on April 10th, 2012

Is extremely rude. The practice size will increase if this woman was released from her duties.

Thank GOD for Dr. Pratt

Posted on August 15th, 2011

Dr. Pratt has been my Doctor for over 13 years and I thank GOD for him every day. Dr. Pratt is very nice and considerant always taking care of my needs not only talking to me but listening to me as well. There are times I have called with questions and Dr. Pratt's Nurses have been there as well always calling me back. I love all of them. Thanks so much.

Good Doctor

Posted on July 19th, 2011

Dr. Pratt was very knowledgeable and explained everything he was doing and why. He greeted me in the most friendly and courteous way.During the examination he talked to me and this helped me to not be concerned about if I was ill or something. He answered my questions and told me what he found and what he didnt. I felt very comfortable with him. It was a great experience. He didnt seem rushed at all! Thank goodness.

Doesn't listen. . .more interested in hearing himself talk

Posted on July 7th, 2011

every time I go there, I spend 30 minutes listening to him talk about all the research for a particular medication that I am on, and then he rushes out the door to the next patient. He has never just sat there and let me ask questions. I wound up going to someone else, who does listen. I do love his nurse. She is very sympathetic and caring.