Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bertha P Richardson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Richardson is very professional in her approach. She not only subscribe medication but will explain why you need to take it on a regular basis. I have had several colonoscopies done by this physician. I can not imagine going anywhere else for my procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Richardson to anyone who is looking for a skilled and caring Physician.
This doctrines makes me nervous. She will asked if there're any questions after a long portion of patient's time spent typing, then she speeds up; and don't ever prolong a patients question, her body language changes. I do understand even doctors are under sever pressure due to changes in Medicare rules, however, taking time to form a relationship with doctor/patient is not easy with this doctor. I cannot referred my school friends to this person. To naked & afraid to have any colon exam.
I would not recommend a colonoscopy by this physician, she came in on a weekend to perform this test, I was awake during the entire procedure, she had staff pressing on my abdomen, made me turn on my back, during this time, I was awake & in severe pain. I've had a colonoscopy in the past & did not have this type of poor care. Then she ordered lab work that had been collected by another physician, the labs were ordered for Hepatits A, but not the Igm which would reveal active disease or exposure in the past. Poor bedside manner.
She may be on of the worst doctors I have ever met. I have had two procedures done by her and both times she has failed to let me know the results of the tests. When I request nasuea medicine so I could eat she prescribes me the same medicine that I told her I was allergic to. When I called to ask her questions about pain after a procedure she tells me that I have ibs which has nothing to do with the exam or the symptoms I have; it was like she had no clue that she had just done a egd on me a few hours earlier or even who I was. I will be looking for a new doctor soon.
41 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Bertha P Richardson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, 2 Bernardine Dr, Newport News, VA
Dr. Bertha P Richardson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.