Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Parveen Khanna has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Parveen Khanna has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
Dr. Parveen Khanna is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Khanna is an excellent doctor. I had a heart attack in 1997 and he has been very thorough with my health. As far as I am concerned he has kept me healthy and alive since 1997. He is very good at what he does and will follow up on any chance that there is something going on inside your heart. He prescribed the right amount of medications and is very high on physical exercise which is the key to a good healthy heart. Thank you Dr. Khanna for doing an awesome job keeping me healthy. My only regret right now is that I had to give you up as my doctor only because I have moved out of state.
waited too long in wait room.early appt shouldn't have to wait 30 mins when appts start at 9am. every 3 mos i'm in there i get same diagnosis.which is fine,but i think my appts should be twice a year instead of 4,especially since i get same diagnosis ,and my insurer will be paying about $ 299.00 for a bp check!
I have had Dr. Khanna since my heart attack in 1997. I have trusted this doctor with my life and he has kept me in excellent health because he is very thorough in his medical awareness with my heart condition. He does not wait or fool around with anything. I would highly recommend Dr. Khanna to anyone that has heart problem concerns. The best of the best. Thank you Dr. Khanna for keeping me in excellent health all these years from 1997 until present day.
my only complaint about the office is that if you have an early morning appointment (9am or earlier) and something happens and you can not make the appointment, no one answers the phone before 10am even though the office "opens" at 9am. There is not even a place to leave a message and I find this very annoying.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Khanna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Parveen Khanna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEastern Connecticut Cardiology Associates Llc, 43 Middle Tpke W, Manchester, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Parveen Khanna in this video.
Dr. Parveen Khanna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manchester, CT.