Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Parvesh Sharma
Dr. Parvesh Sharma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in Nanuet, NY and Mount Vernon, NY (and 5 other locations). He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division and St Josephs Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Parvesh Sharma has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Poor bedside manner. Lack of understanding of patient needs. Does not complete pertinent paperwork Ina timely manner. Does not refill prescriptions in a timely manner. Went days without medication. Does not return calls to patients, insurance companies when needed. Untrustworthy, arrogant and doesn't spend a lot of time with patients
no waiting time, excellent experience, courteous staff.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
St Josephs Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
St Barnabas Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div
22 Years Experience
Guru Nanak Dev University Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Parvesh Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Parvesh Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.