Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Parvez A Khan
Dr. Parvez A Khan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dearborn, MI. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Khan is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. Dr. Khan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Parvez A Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Parvez A Khan has the following 6 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Parvez A Khan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Parvez A Khan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
The office staff is horrible in the office's. I'm sure Dr.Khan has no idea how his patience's are being treated!It has been a week for a return call,called again yesterday told the same thing I would get a return call about a urgent matter still no return call from his nurse as of today.I have called 3 different times with no care in the world by his office staff.Made a complaint with Beaumont Hospital today,they are taking care of the situation and giving me the info I needed,I pick it up in the morning.There also very rude the way they speak to his patient's. They do not need to be working in a doctors office!!!
THE DOCTOR WAS GREAT IN THE HOSPITAL; ONCE WE WENT TO THE OFFICE THE FRONT STAFF WERE NOT HELPFULL AT ALL, VERY RUDE, DR DIDNT WANT TO HELP WOTH ANY MEDICAL PAPERS FOR WORK. FRONT DESK STAFF SAID CANCER DONT HURT QUIT BEING A BABY. THE WAIT WAS OVER 3 HOURS FOR A APPOINTMENT. ONCE THE DOCTOR BECAME HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR OAKWOOD HIS HEAD FILLED WITH AIR HE DIDNT CARE about the patient.. this dr is horrible and would never recommend him to anyone!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Parvez A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsParvez Khan Md Pc, 861 Monroe St, Dearborn, MI
Dr. Parvez A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.