Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Parvin Vafai has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Parvin Vafai has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Parvin Vafai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
i love this doctor! Her accent can be hard to understand, but then she repeats herself if she needs-and that is the worst thing about her! She puts my mind to ease always telling me exactly what is going on with my son who is almost a year old, and is really concerned in all areas of his well being, she seems very knowledgeable, she is very good with handling my son, soothin him when he cries and talkin sweetly to him. And the staff- i love them! They know our name when we walk in, they are so sweet! I love the nurses- feel like we're friends! And when my son was running a high fever, they called the next day to check on him. They are very patient with my many many questions. I just love this place and this doctor! Couldnt ask for better!
this doctor is the worst doctor i have ever been in contact with, she doesnt make a conection with my daughter. She doesnt listen to me. She acts like i'm a burden and my daughter is too. I've told her a million times that she cant have milk products, but she asks every appointment about the milk shes drinking. My daughter has been having health issues, i just want some answers and help. The only reason i kept going back to the doctors office is cause of one nurse (i wish i could remember her name). She was nice, pleasent, delightful and patient. the rest of the nurses are fine, never a problem. Dr. Vafai is none of the above.She is rude and she always says, "do you understand???", over and over again like i'm benath her. Mark my words,I will spread the word to fellow moms and dads. Stay away.
She is fabulous and I have been fortunate to have found her when my first son was 2 years old. She was the Doctor to see 3 of my children after their birth and I have never had a problem in all of these years. Even if I disagree - she listens, gives her opinion, and we discuss any issues that come up.
45 Years Experience
Mashhad University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1973
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Parvin Vafai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Medical Group, 3786 Central Pike Ste 130, Hermitage, TN
Dr. Parvin Vafai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hermitage, TN.