Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pasquale Accardo
Dr. Pasquale Accardo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with other offices in Richmond, VA and Richmond, VA (and 1 other location). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Accardo is affiliated with VCU Health System, Children'S Hospital and Medical College of Virginia Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Pasquale Accardo has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cognition Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Mental Retardation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
This comment is for his nurse: I called to ask a couple of questions, one of them was about brain scan/mri(?). She got very short with me and tried to dismiss the question by telling me right then and there that it was expensive! Does she think that I don't know that! I was just trying to talk about options that was brought to my attention by well-meaning and concerned people we know ( 2 of whom had special needs child). She asked me if it had helped with the treatment of autism. I don't know! the very reason why I 've turned to her to for more accurate information! Who else should I turn to when they are the ones treating my autistic son! I wish they are more patient and understanding.
Dr. Accardo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VCU Health System
Medical College of Virginia Hospital
Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital
St Louis University Hospital
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
44 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Pasquale Accardo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pasquale Accardo in this video.
Dr. Pasquale Accardo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.