Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia A Scott has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 15
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Scott since birth. She is a wonderful doctor and person. I am shocked at some of the comments about her being rude. SHe never, ever rushes our appointments and is always very responsive to my questions and non-judgemental. We have had to wait over the time of our appointment but it would never be enough to make us switch pediatricians.
I routinely wait well over an hour to see Doctor Scott, and sometimes over an hour and a half for rechecks and shots - even when there has been only one other patient there. I have never been apologized to for a long wait. Much of the staff is rude, and often fighting with one another. Doctor Scott always spends ample time with me, and is patient with my many questions. But the wait has gotten to be unacceptable.
My children are 7 and 10 years old and having been seeing Dr. Scott since birth. Although I have friends who are pediatricians, I have stayed with Dr. Scott because I think she is a wonderful doctor. She has always accurately diagnosed what is wrong with my children. She has spoken to me over the telephone rather than making me come in when it was not necessary. And she has never made us feel rushed when seeing us. She is a caring and professional doctor and I highly recommend her!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Patricia A Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDelaware Pediatrics, 1409 Foulk Rd Ste 100, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Patricia A Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.