2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Aguayo?

Horrible

My very medically fragile complex disabled child was assigned to this horrible provider. When we came to this clinic we saw another provider whom we absolutely loved. Who built his medication regimen. This regimen worked perfectly. He moved out of state and we were reassigned to her. She was very unknowledgeable about his complexity and immediately recommended we take my child off all medications. A medication regimen that was working and making my child’s quality of life functional. Her recommendation would’ve made increased hospital admissions, increased behavioral interventions and most likely institutionalized my child. We withdrew from the clinic and we are now happily in a competent providers care. Please do not support this incompetence. She is almost dangerous!

No, Just, No

I made a visit /just/ to get counseling of how to get off a benzo that I am psychologically dependant on. It is worsening my health overall and feeding into a chronic neurologic condition I've been living with for 2 years. Psychiatrists can be ignorant when it comes to getting off this stuff safely, and I waited for 2 months for this professional with the false promises that they understood how psychiatric drugs interact with autism, and how to taper off of them properly. Instead, the professional did nothing for the whole visit but try to persuade me to try /more/ drugs. I explained my health history, and why the benzo was most likely playing a role... all I was told that I was suffering from anxiety...and that I really needed to be on some more drugs. If I wanted to get off the benzo, best to give my body some drugs to make it easier too (apparently, getting me hooked on something else was the big ticket). Also, apparently my health and symptoms were stabilized by the benzo so I really shouldn't be getting off of that (that's what drug dependance is, basically when it hits...body can't work without the pill). ...And for the record my autism and special needs were completely ignored by the professional for the whole meeting...shoved aside like it wasn't relevant at all. Some of that was wholly relevant to the effects of benzo use such as my sensory integration issues, which have been terrible recently /because/ of that pill. After this experience, I no longer believe it is just a rumor that psychiatrists can be glamorous and legally protected drug marketers, who manipulate their patients to get on a pill the don't need. I think it happened here. Many of my words were twisted and ignored, every one of my experience gaslighted to push the rhetoric of taking drugs to treat X, Y, and Z, that had little to do with my suffering. Frankly, I felt that I was being guilt-tripped as well into buying drugs on top of that (I caused pain for my family), and blamed for being sick. The marketing techniques aside, this entire exchange was utterly offensive and rude to me as a person with an invisible illness, as an autistic person who's needs were ignored, and to someone who's fundamental request was thrown out the window (i.e. get me off this awful pill ). I therefore have no desire to go back or deal buisness with this provider again.

Adult ADHD

Dr. Patricia Aguayo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.

Dr. Patricia Aguayo Is this you?