Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia Bearnson
Dr. Patricia Bearnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT, with another office in Salt Lake City, UT. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Bearnson is affiliated with Riverton Hospital, Intermountain Medical Ctr and St Mark'S Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia Bearnson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Hindsight leads me to believe that Dr. Bearnson prescribes hormones for ALL of her patients...regardless. When I experienced some intense, frequently recurring side effects to the hormones her solution was to perform an invasive procedure to see if I had other problems. I declined, weened myself off the hormones and have had no more of the symptoms (side effects) that the hormones produced. I was extremely irritated that she didn't suggest reducing my dosage to see if the side effects would diminish. Another annoying fact is that you only really get to see the doctor ONCE! I tried to schedule more visits...requesting another hormone panel be performed, and my request was always brushed aside as though unnecessary and I was handed off to her "assistant". Very frustrating experience during a very "frustrating" time of life.
There is simply not a better doctor from all standpoints -- she is skilled, sensitive, caring and completely focused on the patient.After disappointing experiences with doctors in the past, it is a relief to find a physician to count on.I can't say enough.
Dr. Bearnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Intermountain Medical Ctr
St Mark'S Hospital
St Marks Hospital
33 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Patricia Bearnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patricia Bearnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.