Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia L Bononi
Dr. Patricia L Bononi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Bononi is affiliated with Forbes Hospital. Dr. Bononi has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia L Bononi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Gland Issues
- Pregnancy Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Growth Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
I have been a patient of hers on and off since at least 2004. She is the utmost in professionalism, good judgment and decision-making, and compassion. Quite simply, she excels at endocrinology. I believe she used to practice with a Castle Connolly endocrinologist who was also excellent. It seems that this Castle Connolly top doctor's good judgment and compassion was adopted by Dr. Bononi, from their practice together. Her office is run quite well. Rarely have I had to wait more than half and hour to see her, past my appointment time, over the years. However, I never feel rushed in our visits. I truly appreciate being her patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Bononi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Patricia L Bononi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPartners In Nephrology And Endocrinology, 5171 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Patricia L Bononi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.