Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia M Chang has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I've been a patient at Allina Women's Clinic for 12 years, with Dr. Chang's husband being my OB/GYN for my pregnancy/GYN care. Once he left, I started getting my care from his wife. Annual physical time. I'm a woman of a certain age experiencing signs of perimenopause. I ask her about it and if my symptoms were related the perimenopause. Dr. Chang's professional diagnosis? I'm getting old. Yep, getting old. I also have Dr. anxiety. Her response to this? The therapist I'm going to isn't working. Then there's the "need to lose weight" discussion, which I'm ever so reminded of when the gown I was given was meant for someone 500 pounds. Shecwouldnt even look me in the eye while she stormed off. What made me click with Dr. Chang's husband was he was very honest and down to earth. He listened to my concerns and he knew me. My experiences with his wife have been met with abrasiveness, rushed patient care, and just plain rudeness. She's been a doctor way too long. Perhaps SHE'S getting old. I don't expect any doctor to tell me what I want to hear, but I certainly would expect to feel like my concerns aren't valid and that the doctor has better things to do. All it takes is one disrespectful doctor to make a person never want to come back again, and I won't be back.
Excellent doctor. Knowledgeable, personable, and friendly. I have been a patient for years. She is also an excellent surgeon and solved a mid life problem with surgery after exploring options. This was the first time in my life I had surgery and I was nervous. She explaine all to me and my husband and I felt totally in great care with her doing the surgery. I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Dr. CHang
As a sexual abuse victim, I have never been able to go to a gynecologist (other than the one my school and social workers took me after the abuse came up). After 10 months of unexplained bleeding, I did not have a choice. My friend referred me to Dr. Chang. She is extremely patient and knows about PTSD. After 2 years I am still impressed with her skills at identifying PTSD episodes as they start and getting me back. I saw her twice, had surgery (without complications or need for pain meds), and in the meantime several times for follow-up. Her medical skills are as excellent as her bedside manner.
Dr. Patricia M Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllina Health United Womens Health, 347 Smith Ave N Ste 203, Saint Paul, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patricia M Chang in this video.
Dr. Patricia M Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.