Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia A Gainor has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Patricia A Gainor has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
Showing 5 of 23
Horribly verbally abusive. Made fun of me, even brought my mother into her sarcastic rants. I had to stop one of her meds per my diabetic Dr. So I could take another med for my neuropathy. She then got so mad she said she was taking me off all my meds (meds I have been on for 3+ years). I complained but still gave her another chance for my next visit because she had been my Dr. For so long and I prayed maybe she was just having a bad day. I was so wrong) She had a "mediator" in there with us on my net next visit. She was still verbally abusive with me while I couldn't stop crying. As she kept being horrible I stood up and said "I'm done". As I walked out crying she sd something like 'if you walk out that door'... I said "I know" and left. To treat Anyone like she did those last two visits is awful. But to treat someone with severe anxiety and depression like that is beyond words. After she nearly gave me a nervous breakdown the visit before last I should have known better than to ever Ever go back. PLEASE save your heartache and Never go to Dr. Gainor!!
32 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Patricia A Gainor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSix County Inc, 2845 Bell St, Zanesville, OH
Dr. Patricia A Gainor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Zanesville, OH.