Dr. Patricia Gillar Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Gillar?

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

She does not listen, better off going back to doing research. thanks Kim

Posted on June 21st, 2016

Absolute worse experience I have ever had in Doctors office. Do not return calls, staff does not seem to care, total lack of coordination within the office Don't waste your time.

Posted on August 21st, 2015

she is an excellent Doctor she takes her time to review your charts and get to know you

Awesome Doctor

Posted on April 7th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Gillar to anyone that needs to see an endocrinologist. She takes the time to actually listen to you and she takes the time needed for you to feel comfortable with her assessments and takes the time to actually find out what the issue is. Love her and would recommend her to anyone

uninterested in past history

Posted on January 8th, 2014

Dr Gillars refuses to accept my past medical history and my knowledge of my own body. She prescribed medication that I told her I should not take due to my heart history (confirmed by my cardiologist after that visit.) and before I could ask any further questions she told me my time was up and walked out. f course it didn't matter that I had waited 40 min passt my appt time to see her. She appears to only be interested in what shows up on her computer. Don't even know if she knows who I am and what I look lke. No bedside manner, no listening skills. The closest warmth I found in her office was from her nurse. Sure with I had read these reviews before starting with her.

Posted on August 26th, 2013

I came to see Dr. Gillar because I was referred to her by another practicing Dr. in the same practice. I had been seeing another Endo in Austin, but hated the drive and that particualar Endo, I only saw once a year, but saw an assistant that made me feel inept because I have Diabetes. At first I didn't really care for Dr. Gillar but as time has gone by I'm seeing the error of my ways. She is a caring Dr. and sometimes you have to read between the lines. And since I have many other issues besides the Diabetes, I feel that the time I spend with her is of vital importance. She is very caring and very astute to how she cares for her patients. She's very knowledgeable and has shown me other ways of losing weight in order to get my diabetes under control better. Some people may think she's very cold, but that is not the case.

Hopeful

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

TERRIBLE experience

Posted on June 21st, 2013

I was very upset with my experience with Dr. Gillar. I have a serious thyroid problem and went to Dr. Gillar and was rudely turned away because of my insurance which when I scheduled the appointment they told me they took. I was willing to pay cash for my appointment and was still turned away. The receptionists did nothing to help me. They just sat at their desk and rudely didnt even try to help me. I would never refer anyone to Dr. Gillar.

Posted on March 4th, 2013

Unfortunately I too, have had the Dr.Gillar experience. She has no listening skills, no beside manner what-so-ever and wrote up wrong orders for me to get an ultrasound. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone especially if you have diabetes! She has no clue how to interact or treat patients. My blood sugar were the worst they've been in years after going to her and taking "new" medicine. Honestly, she should find a new profession. Her staff isn't much better. They obviously aren't there to "serve" anyone they are there for a paycheck.

Incompetent

Posted on February 26th, 2013

Horrible experience, does not listen.

Posted on July 15th, 2012

I found Dr. Gillar to be very abrasive, and close minded, and lacks common sense in her ability to diagnose symptoms. She became argumentative when I expressed my beliefs regarding my condition. As previous reviews indicated, it was as if she had a preconceived notion of what my diagnosis should be, but in my case, I displayed no logical symptoms of her concerns, none whatsoever. As far as her listening ability, she has none. She couldn't even remember my name. She called me by another name, and after correcting her on three different occasions, I finally gave up and began wondering if I was the one who didn't know my name. Her staff is obviously intimidated and frustrated by her. This is the first review I've ever given on anything. If I've had a bad experience, I normally just blow it off and move on with life. Hopefully this is an indication of how bad my experience was with her. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with Dr. Gillar.

Not a good listener

Posted on March 23rd, 2011

I went to Dr Gillar as an Endocrinologist regarding a thyroid problem. As I explained the problem I sensed that she wasn't really listening; not asking any probing questions nor clarifying my statements but I had hoped I was wrong. After she completed a cursory physical exam to feel my thyroid she made some statements that verified that she had listened to what I had already said. Eventually I thought we had everything covered and she ordered a blood test. A few days later I received the results with brief instructions from Dr Gillar that again showed she hadn't listened. When I called her office to get this straightened out I was told I would have to schedule and pay for another visit in order to talk to her. I told the nurse I would find another doctor!