Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia B Guidry
Dr. Patricia B Guidry, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Covington, LA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Guidry is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner and Slidell Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia B Guidry has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 17
My appointment was for a prescription refill and immediately Dr. Guidry questioned why I changed Ochsner locations. She even pushed back after I told her simply to be closer to my home in Covington for appointments. Her tone and accusations continued as to the "why" I came to her for a prescription refill. Her rush to judgement turns out was because my previous "urine test" was "clean", so I must not be taking the "drug" as prescribed and what am I doing with the pills? I have been on this medication for over 20 years! I asked to end the appointment and was promptly refunded.
Wonderful Dr!! She was there for me when my Gyno refused to help me with mu abdominal pain. It was because of her i was sent to a great group of drs at st tammany and was taken very good care of!! Love her as my primary my go to!! Always get her opion and referral for anything from now on!! Very down to earth!
Dr. Guidry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1997
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Patricia B Guidry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOchsner Health Systems, 1000 Ochsner Blvd, Covington, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patricia B Guidry in this video.
Dr. Patricia B Guidry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, LA.