Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia N Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Patricia N Harris has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Dr. Patricia N Harris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Patricia N Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I've seen Dr Harris a few times in the last few years. She's not the first Gynecologist I've seen (I've moved around a few times in the last 10 years) but she is BY FAR the worst I've dealt with. First, she basically said I would have a hard time being able to conceive children (which brought me to tears, & she never offered a comforting word, and she wasn't even CORRECT... another Dr I saw a week later completely disproved her diagnosis) & said hurtful things about my weight in front of my husband & I (I'm slender, my parents are slender, & even though I assured her that I eat healthy & exercise, she conveyed the message that she thought I was much too slender.. something no other doctor has ever batted an eye at, & I am WELL within the normal weight limit for my height!!) She also ordered (expensive) tests that I DID NOT approve, nor was I consulted about, & when I got the bill 2 months later (I never received my test results so I never knew they were even done until I got the lab bill) I called her office, took 3 weeks to get have a direct conversation with her, & then she just said that there wasn't anything she could do, that I basically should have known better, & that she orders about 25 of these tests on other women A DAY and she's never been questioned about it, like I was doing to her. And she couldn't possibly have known that I would be this upset with her course of action. She acted like she did nothing wrong! I received the most insincere apology I've ever received... horrible considering it's her job to do what is in the best interest for her patients & to establish a trusting relationship. I would never recommend her.
Basically I loved the staff here, but I didn't feel like Dr. Harris answered my questions or explained any details of the HUGE decisions I had to make. Think I got more help with questions from the personnel answering the phones after my appointment.I'm super naive in this area and was hoping for more info, but didn't get it. I don't think you can assume "everybody knows" these things, especially as the doctor that has years of knowledge invested in them. I was obviously confused and indecisive, but didn't get much help or sensitivity to that. I would say if you already know your stuff, and just want to get in and out, she's perfect. And she's a nice lady!But if you're young/naive, I definitely advise going to someone that's a little better at explaining and helping with decisions...
15 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPatricia Newby Harris Md, 424 Spurgin Rd, Allen, TX
Dr. Patricia N Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.