Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia Jarrett has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Patricia Jarrett has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Patricia Jarrett has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Patricia Jarrett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Jarrett asked me why religions exist, instead of focusing on solving my severe health problems, most of which were caused by falls due to repeated unnecessary forced psychiatric treatment and malpractice in hospitals. I asked for her notes (my medical records) by a written request. However, her notes were not provided to me by her staff, which I believe to be illegal practice in Pennsylvania. One of her colleagues gave me the record of drugs that were forced into my body by these psychiatric sadists (so-called medical professionals), who I do not think deserve the title of legitimate doctors and nurses. I almost died from her and her staff's over-prescribing of psychiatric drugs. I became a Scientologist because these sadistic people seriously injured my body with forced psychiatric drugs, which ruined my health. They likely tried to cover up their harm of me, after my years of being misdiagnosed with psychiatric illness, which I do not have. I was misdiagnosed with psychiatric illness due to having a different medical condition that mimics so-called psychiatric symptoms. She failed to discuss differential diagnosis of this nature, but did write one order of useful blood tests.
Dr. Jarrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Allegheny General Hospital
West Penn Hospital
27 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Western Psychiatric Institute And Clinic
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChestnut Ridge Counseling Services, 2807 Leona Ln, Coraopolis, PA
Dr. Patricia Jarrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coraopolis, PA.