Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia Hough has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Patricia Hough has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Patricia Hough has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
some doctors only want to push a drug and get you out the door, but dr. hough helped me wean off my previous meds. that were doing more harm than help. if you're hoping that just bc she works for the state mental health dept. that she's just going to write any script you want, you're mistaken. most doctors around here just want to keep you high so you'll keep coming back and stay sick. dr. hough helped me to feel WELL for the first time in 32 years!
Since I first met with Dr. Hough I felt that I couldn't trust her. She has proved me right in many instances. My issues with my psychiatric problems seem to fall on deaf ears. She has has a an agenda that everyone who has drank before or used drugs at any time in their lives (even as self-medicating)deserves no respect. She doesn't seem to believe my claims of severe, debilitating unipolar depression or severe anxiety with phobias as being anything but symptoms of my past drinking problems, which I have resolved.I have received no help from her other than writing a few scripts. Unfortunately, I will now have to look elsewhere for psychiatric help - I'm hoping my family will help me see a REAL psychiatrist to address my problems. I guess you can say 'you get what you pay for', and she deserves far less than what I'm paying for, which is $0. Unfortunately I'm indigent and have to rely on my financially strapped family for private treatment. Its a shame that this woman doesn't have a conscience and cannot help more people.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2200 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Patricia Hough is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.