Patricia L McGuire Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Patricia L McGuire?

Patient with Panic Disorder and PTSD

Posted on November 5th, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Pat Mcguire's off and on over the course of a decade but never heard back from her the last time she told me to call and update her on the new medication she had me try which was years ago. I stopped waiting for a call back and eventually sought help elsewhere. During treatment I saw her frequently and remained trusting of her professional decisions. I participated fully and took treatment seriously as well as the prescription and non-prescription medications she had me on which often made my mostly circumstantial and trauma based depression and anxiety far worse. I told her I was scared and felt heavily drugged... Even had severe adverse and allergic reactions such as head to toe hives and experienced depression and panic I had never felt before taking the prescriptions she gave me which were very expensive while I was uninsured. She had other options but did not care about my financial situation. To be fair, I happen to be allergic and sensitive to many pharmaceuticals as well as other things. I once trusted her and believed she was caring, non judgmental, friendly, and cautious when dealing with trauma (sexual abuse, physical and psychological abuse), and when she experimented with various medications on me. But I was dangerously incorrect about this doctor as were two other patients I knew. This may not be the correct forum to mention what her negligence caused them to do to themselves or to others nor is it correct to assume she may have made a difference if she had simply tried. I never reported my experience with her negligence or other illegal and unscrupulous actions though I should have because she has a history of being dangerous to her trusting patients. I did not want to report and harm her career yet in doing nothing she got away with doing harm to the lives of others under her care. She has taken on patients in need of help urging them to call her when her expertise is needed. She's been flakey at best about following up and returning calls. She has illegally abandoned patients while under her care at times she was absolutely responsible for them, after putting them on various prescription drugs, after ignoring patients' calls. She spreads herself too thin and dabbles in areas of psychology, psychopharmacology, trauma treatment, nutrition, pain management, and in various spiritual practices. She has admitted to me that her attention drifted off in sessions while other patients spoke about serious matters. Yes, she also discussed her patients as well as ignored and damaged them and their lives.

Excellent care

Posted on June 3rd, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. McGuire for over 10 years. She is very easy to talk to and I always feel she's listened carefully to me. Her diagnosis and subsequent treatment plans for me have always succeeded. I feel she is very invested in my emotional health and well-being and cares about the quality of my life.

A Hang up

Posted on April 29th, 2014

Called her for help with my bipolar, phycotic condition and she said she can't help and hung up. Was she having a bad day?

Posted on September 27th, 2009

wonderful, caring doctor..would recommend her to anyone, although adult psychiatry is her area of expertise

Posted on September 13th, 2017