Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia A Smith
Dr. Patricia A Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, MO. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Smith is affiliated with St Lukes Northland Hospital Smithville and North Kansas City Hospital-Home Health. Dr. Smith has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia A Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I was given dr pats name & number over 15 yrs ago from a friend. I was having extreme pain. She got me an appt. within the week. Had a sono, several large masses of endo. She has been my dr ever since. Also my daughters dr. she also has this problem. dr pat has worked with her so that she could have a baby. Really love her will hate it when I have to find a new dr due to moving out of state.
Recommends partial or full hysterectomy for the following symptoms: Abnormal menstrual bleedingUterine fibroids (unless fibroids are causing such severe chronic and acute bleeding that the resultant anemia is life-threatening)EndometriosisDropped uterus (uterine prolapse)Precancerous cervical lesionsChronic pelvic painThese symptoms are also listed as reasons to NOT have a hysterectomy on www.ahealthyme.com and many other reputable medical organizations.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Truman Medical Center
Dr. Patricia A Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeartland Womens Health Care Pc, 2790 Clay Edwards Dr Ste 530, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Patricia A Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.