Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia A Mangan has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
My experience at Washingtonville pediatrics can be summarized as: a) you rarely get to see the same doctor twice, thereby preventing any real relationship between the doctor and you and your child; b) there is NO FOLLOWUP; c) the Dr's are inaccessible for discussing concerns about prescribed medications; d) the Dr's will not take the time to engage in a meaningful discussion concerning treatment options. In the case of Dr. Mangan specifically, she did not read my child's chart and therefore "diagnosed" a condition that had been "diagnosed" by previous doctors on the LAST TWO VISITS; gave me a five minute lecture on how I should never consult an outside "adult" specialist (never asking if the specialist treats children -- he does -- or addressing the fact that I consulted him AFTER no one at Washingtonville would take my calls about my serious concerns over the dangerous and unnecessary medication they prescribed my daughter); and then tried to strong-arm me into a different and equally unnecessary treatment with stories of horrible possibilities which, fortunately, having consulted both a specialist and medical journals, I knew happened in less than 1% of children with this issue. Dr. Mangan was both belittling and rude to me, and refused to engage in a meaningful discussion concerning medical literature, becoming irate when I suggested that that majority of medical studies indicated my daughter's issue was typically self-correcting with time in over 90% of patients and that maybe we should take a "wait-and-see" approach.
36 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1982
Yale New Haven Childrens Center
Dr. Patricia A Mangan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashingtonville Pediatrics, 10 Weathervane Dr, Washingtonville, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patricia A Mangan in this video.
Dr. Patricia A Mangan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washingtonville, NY.