Dr. Patricia Martz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Martz?

Posted on December 16th, 2015

Dr Martz saved my life twice - funny and awesome surgeon

Posted on October 19th, 2015

So sad she moved! Going to miss her

Posted on July 19th, 2015

I want to let you know that I think Dr Patricia Martz is the best Dr around, everything about her, the staff is excellent. I highly recommend her to any one. She has performed 2 major surgeries on me and several on my husband. She is the best of the best and I call her my ANGEL of a Dr.

The WORST receptionists for scheduling appts.

Posted on May 27th, 2015

She's moving to Cape May, NJ in a couple of weeks anyway. I was going to use her and the replacement, but the receptionists are the WORST! I won't go back there. They treat the clients like a piece of worthless crap and they hate their jobs! They complained about being stuck inside all day, and talk personal problems on the phone and talk about the patients right in front of them and you can hear every word they are saying. RUDE AND UNCARING!

best surgeon

Posted on December 5th, 2013

great care and bedside manor. She is very professional and spends time with you

If ya gotta get cut, she's the one!

Posted on April 14th, 2011

Living here 20 years & experiencing & hearing the HORROR stories regarding PMC, their staff, including surgeons and anesthesia folk, I was quite anxious, to say the least, KNOWING I NEEDED SURGERY.However, from the second we met & Dr.Martz shook my hand, with this beautiful smile, I KNEW, I was in good hands. The surgery went off without a hitch, thanks not only to Dr.Martz, but THE BEST DARN OPERATING ROOM STAFF,ESPECIALLY THE ANESTHESIA Dr. & ASSISTANT.And then there was the PAIN, though she nor anyone or drug truly could do anything to relieve it. When we called her service, twice over the weekend, Dr.Martz, got back to use within 15 minutes.Dr. Martz is an incrediblly gifted Surgeon,aswell as a truly caring, loving, beautiful spirit.

Undetected Staph Infection post surgery!!

Posted on February 25th, 2011

Dr. Martz performed my appendectomy. Prior to the surgery, I needed to inform her of my medical history, even after I provided this to the hospital staff. When she arrived in my room, I needed to question her ability to do the surgery, as she looked completely exhausted. She seemed very nice at first and I thought I was in good hands. In two weeks post surgery, this thought was proven wrong. I had gotten a pretty bad infection, went to several appts in her office, they never took my vitals or swabbed my incision in any of the visits. After a month of visiting nurses coming to my home to care for my wound - I went back for yet another appt and she released me back to work. After not feeling well at work, I made an appt with my family dr. It turned out I had a fever and my family dr immediately swabbed the incision. within 48 hrs I was notified that I had a staph infection and immediately started an antibiotic, Bactrim. Now I am left with a hard, painful lump at the incision site and many, many medical bills. Mine, was an emergency situation. Unfortunately, I didnt have a choice in surgeons. If you have a choice, go with a surgeon who is genuinely concerned about your health care and not their reputation or that of their hospital affiliate - so they skip tests and labwork that clearly should have been performed but were not.

EXCEPTIONALLY PROFESSIONAL

Posted on January 11th, 2011

Un-needed colon surgery

Posted on August 27th, 2010

I was hospitalized for Diverticulitus and reffered to her by my (former) family doctor. Her diagnosis was quick and without a colonocopy. She wanted to cut. I dont believe that sh listened very well. She didnt show up on my arrival to the hospital like she was supposed to. After my stay at PMC, I pursued a second opinion by a much more reputable doctor. He informed me that, although I have diverticulitus, it was not severe enough to have surgery. I believe that Dr. Martz wanted to do surgery for the benefit of her wallet and not the patient. Also, as we were discussing a previous hand injury of mine, she told me that she had once gashed her thumb. I asked, "What? During surgery?" She said yes. Do you really want someone like that cutting you?

best surgeon in the poconos!

Posted on August 9th, 2010

Very well educated and excellent bedside mannor. She makes you feel comfortable even though you know your going to be getting cut open. You will not find a more caring and compasionate surgeon. She is friendly and awesome bedside manor! Highly recommended. She did my gallbladder surgery and she did my mothers tempral artery biopsy! Love Dr. Martz! The best

A caring skilled surgeon

Posted on August 27th, 2008

Dr. Martz cares about her patients and has a warm, informative manner.

Posted on October 27th, 2017