Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia C Mcivor MD
Dr. Patricia C Mcivor has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Patricia C Mcivor has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 6
Thorough and understanding
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patricia C Mcivor - Posted on December 18th, 2018
Dr. McIvor has been my Primary care physician for many years now. As a medical professional myself, I can say that I have been very well cared for by Dr. McIvor. She is smart, caring and always considerate. She spends time answering questions and addresses all concerns. I have recommended her to many of my friends without reservation.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patricia C Mcivor - Posted on April 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patricia C Mcivor - Posted on December 12th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patricia C Mcivor - Posted on February 21st, 2012
Became patient after positive referral; have never been so disappointed. She is the type of Dr. who has already made the diagnosis before hearing the symptoms. Transferred all of my charts from prior PCP which she dismissed as unhelpful. Did not value my imput relative to medication side-effects and effectiveness of addressing the condition. Very narrow-minded.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patricia C Mcivor - Posted on July 3rd, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Patricia C Mcivor Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Patricia C Mcivor
Dr. McIvor trained in Northern Ireland at Queen's University in Belfast. While practicing in Northern Ireland, Dr. McIvor achieved certifications in Family Planning and Minor Surgery. She received a diploma from the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists in 1994. Dr. McIvor became a Member of teh Royal College of General Practitioners of the UK in 1996. She became board certified in Family Practice in 2001.
Locations & DirectionsWOMENS CARE MEDICAL CENTER, 85 Poheganut Dr Ste 1, Groton, CT
Dr. Patricia C Mcivor is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Groton, CT.