Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia A Merritt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Patricia A Merritt has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Patricia A Merritt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Worst physician I've ever seen. She was rude, brisk, and offensive. The last time I saw her, upon walking in and without addressing the reason I was there (pneumonia) she immediately and forcibly used her hands to shove my back into the position she thought I should sit in and snapped "You should sit up more." No eye contact, did not seem to care a bit about me as a patient. I felt like all she wanted was to get me in and out and to get her office the $30 copay. I always dreaded seeing her and will wait until I can see another doctor when she is the only one available. Every encounter I've had with her has ended with me swearing to leave this office and not line her pockets anymore. She doesn't deserve to be in the health care field. Shame on you Dr. Merritt. I wish I could give no stars.
I was with the practice for over 10 years and when my doctor left I got stuck with Dr. Merritt and when I say stuck I truly mean it. I tried to give her chance after chance thinking she was having a bad day or other excuses but never felt comfortable with her even after almost 3 years. She never really listened to what I was saying to her or took time to get to know me as my previous doctor had. I hated going in to see her and when I had a bad infection in my foot opted for the emergency room rather than go to her . My last appointment with her she told me to lose weight and go to a dentist and walked out of the room. I never went back, I found a wonderful caring and experienced doctor I now look so forward to going to.
during a recent visit there, the diagosis was clearly a huge mistake. this caused severe damage, and actually irreversible. Had she taken the time to listen, access and check from head to toe this patient would not be in the shape she is in... She is interuptive, not attentive and i feel doesnt really understand needs of patients.. you would be better off going to burger king for medical treatment...
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Patricia A Merritt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFive Corners Family Practice, 3040 Broadway, Schenectady, NY
Dr. Patricia A Merritt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Schenectady, NY.