Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia Osullivan
Dr. Patricia Osullivan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakdale, NY. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Osullivan is affiliated with Southside Hospital. Dr. Osullivan has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia Osullivan has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Patricia Osullivan has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Patricia Osullivan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Patricia Osullivan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I was a patient of Dr. O'Sullivan for about 15 years. Although she is very nice and patient, I switched away from this practice when I was about 35 weeks pregnant and I'm so glad I did. I was able to forgive the wait times, at times waiting over 2.5 hours after my appointment time! But my reason for switching was that for my entire pregnancy I was only able to see MY doctor twice. The remaining times I saw Dr. Bakshi and Dr. Lopes. Both were condescending and patronizing. I said I didn't want an episiotomy; I was told I didn't have a choice. I said I wanted to try to have my baby without pain medications or an epidural, and instead of asking what I was doing to prepare for a drug free birth I was told "you just don't understand how much pain you will be in. Trust me, you'll be begging for an epidural". Really doc? Because being a male, you've experienced labor pains? I also had a feeling that my labor would be very long (which it was 31 hours) and in a nutshell I was told their c-section rate was around 50% which is disturbing to me. No doubt in my mind I would have been told I'm not progressing and need to have a c-section like so many other moms I know. I felt like I would have no say in the birth of my child. All of these things pointed me in another direction to find a practitioner that would listen to my concerns, help me follow my birthing plan, and guide me through the most amazing experience I have ever had. My point to this is to understand that birthing a child is a natural process that doesn't always require major medical intervention just because it may take a while. Your OB doesn't always know better, especially when they tell you "you'll be begging for an epidural". Well apparently you don't know me buddy!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Osullivan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1994
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Patricia Osullivan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOakdale Ob/Gyn Associates, 971 Montauk Hwy, Oakdale, NY
Dr. Patricia Osullivan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakdale, NY.